Monday, May 25, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!

That's right...Don and I spent Sunday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway cheering on Helio and Danica in the Indy 500. It was Don's first time at the track (I've been oodles of times and surprisingly, know a lot about Indy Racing), and we had so much fun. Of course, I am elated that my favorite driver, Helio Castroneves (Don will tell you that I am an actual pre-Dancing with the Stars fan), took home the Borg-Warner trophy. In addition, Danica Patrick (another one of my favs) placed 3rd, the best ever for a female!

There goes Helio...he's about to make a comeback!


We had great seats right on Turn 4. Tony Kanaan ended up right in front of us after his crash, and wouldn't you know, I was in a 20 minute line to use the restroom. I am not at all a TK fan, but I still don't like to see people crash. At least Don got some great pictures for me.



So, who's it going to be next year? I know I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment