Sunday, November 29, 2009

This is What Happens When Your Husband Quits His Second Job

Well, I have been scouring Craigslist for the past week or so because I found the most AMAZING brown leather furniture that would look absolutely perfect in our (still empty) living room...and then lost them to someone faster than me. So...I have become obsessed with finding cheap furniture for our house. Well, I finally found something else worth getting excited about and this time, I won (I know it's not really winning when you have to pay for it, load it and put it together, but that's how I felt)!

So, this morning we set out to pick up our brand new (to us) bedroom set, with absolutely no idea in mind of how we were going to get a dresser, mirror, queen bed frame and mattress set into the Explorer. Well, we did it (and I am so ashamed that I did not get a picture). Even the guy we bought them from complimented us on our moving and packing skills (after we loaded it all in a small elevator and took it down 15 stories, but that's another story). We got the dresser and some of the bed in the truck and the rest went up on top, held down only by some (pretty thin) rope. It was quite a sight.

Once we got home, we unloaded everything, put it together and now...I'm in love. I feel like our house is finally coming together. Master bedroom...check. Guest bedroom...check. Next up...the living room.
Here's our new bed...
And dresser (for the record, that is all Don's junk, not mine)...
The new guest bedroom (the paint color will soon be changing...I HATE it!)...
We even hung some hooks in the mudroom for all our winter gear...
Well, if this is what happens now that Don works only regular hours then our house should be done by next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment