Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Simple Pleasures

For a variety of reasons, I had a pretty rough day at work today. When I came home and started doing my daily blog reading ritual, I came across the Simple Pleasures blog hop that Kelly's Korner was hosting. I thought it seemed like a great way to put myself in a better mood so here goes. Here is my list of simple pleasures...
  • the feel of new socks
  • the feeling I get right after getting a haircut
  • chocolate cupcakes (OK, any chocolate really)
  • snuggling with Hoosier
  • reading a good book
  • a really good cup of decaf
  • the feeling I get as I walk out of church on Sundays
  • Monday night Fish Balls with the girls (sounds weird but it's really not)
  • cuddling up with Don to watch "West Wing"
  • a favorite song
  • the feeling I get when I wear a new outfit for the first time
  • discovering a card addressed to me in the mailbox (or 2, as was the case today!)
  • the smell of chlorine (I know, this also sounds weird, but I've been a swimmer my whole life so I love it)
  • checking things off a to-do list
  • baking or cooking

OK, I'm pretty sure I could keep going, but I'm going to stop there. I feel better already...Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment