Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Writing's On the Wall...Literally

I know, I know...I've been MIA for a few weeks. Getting back into the swing of things after spring break was more difficult than I anticipated...lots of things going on.

One thing we've done in the past few weeks is create our own whiteboard on one of the walls in the bonus room. A few months ago, Don found something called Idea Paint online. Basically, it's paint that turns any wall into a whiteboard. We ordered a small can, but unfortunately for us, the company had just been featured on "Good Morning, America" and were completely sold out of paint. It was put on back order, and we finally received it not too long ago (P.S. This company rocks...since we had to wait so long, they sent us a MUCH larger can to compensate us for the wait). Anyways, we followed the directions (it's about a week-long process) and voila...

we have a whiteboard on our wall! It seriously works as well as (actually better than) the whiteboards in my classroom.

After we painted the wall, we decided to buy and stain some molding to use as a frame and ledge. I love how it turned out!


I promise I'll be back sooner rather than later with more posts. Have a terrific weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment