Friday, June 25, 2010

My First Wedding Cake Creation

For our final class of Course 3, we had to use the techniques we'd learned to design and create a wedding cake. I had a very clear picture in my mind of what I wanted to do...it didn't quite turn out how I would've liked. I was going for Tiffany box blue with what looked like a string of pearls around each layer. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the color quite right (way too green) and the pearls took FOREVER (but were still lovely).

Here I am rolling out a billion tiny fondant balls. I'm surprised I was still smiling at this point...

Next, I had to attach them all to the cake. Not as labor intensive but VERY sticky...

My final product...


I don't love it (I think because it's not exactly what I had in mind), but I am still very proud of it! Hopefully, I'll get the chance to make more wedding cakes in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment