Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Visit to the Past

I know, I know...I am SO behind on blogging. I have a list a mile long of posts I need to put up. However, I'm finally on summer break so I can catch up on these things.

A few weeks ago, Don and I decided to head down to Bloomington for the day and walk around IU's campus. It was great to go back and see all the things I used to see everyday! Oh, how I miss B-town! I absolutely adore the town!

First, we had a picnic lunch and walked around the campus for a bit...







Isn't this the cutest little chapel tucked away in the woods??? It's one of my favorite places on campus.



We let Hoosier take a dip in the creek that winds through campus (since it was blazing hot that day).


Just hanging out, watching H swim...


This dog LOVES the water!



Don tried to get him in this fountain, but he wasn't having it (luckily, since there were a lot of people around)!


Such a beautiful and peaceful place...



Hoosier, however, adored this fountain in front of the music building...


He hopped right in...


Wouldn't go anywhere near this (I think all the noise scared him)...






We headed downtown and walked the square. On our way back to campus, we passed one of my favorite restaurants in Bloomington...Cafe Django. Love, love, LOVE this place...



Since it was so hot, we stopped for ice cream at a little local place near campus. They had a Pup Cup on their menu, and I couldn't resist! I had to get it for Hoosier. He's never had ice cream before so he was a bit unsure at first...but not for long. He dove right in!


It was so cute! They even put dog bones in it.


We had people stopping to watch him eat his ice cream...



After we finished our ice cream, we headed over to Memorial Stadium. I hadn't seen it since the renovations. In the picture below, none of that used to be there. It was completely open and there were bleachers on the ground near the end zone.


Looks awesome!





We took a break in the grass for awhile and listened to the marching band practice out on the field.









He's loving the shade!



My two boys.
Don, in front of the new section of the stadium...



Hanging out with my furry baby...


What a great day! We have so many wonderful memories of the time we spent living in Bloomington. It was great to get back and hang out for a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment