Sunday, September 27, 2009

Be Big!

Well, I know you are dying to hear more about this Hoosier Outdoor Experience I've been talking about on Facebook, but I thought I should post this first.

You see, on Saturday, I did go out to HOE, but my Little Sister, Cassie, tagged along. The reason that is capitalized is because she is my Little Sister with Big Brothers Big Sisters, not my actual little sister. So, before I post pictures of us shooting fake animals and having a blast, I thought I would write this post since I'm sure people will be wondering who she is.

Cassie and I have been matched up for about a year and a half now. We typically see each other every other weekend. We have done just about everything under the sun...played badminton, gone to the movies, walked Hoosier, painted pottery, visited museums, attended basketball games, cooked a meal and so on...pretty much whatever she wants to do, we do it. We also talk on the phone in between our outings (I'm sure she absolutely loves having a teacher for a Big Sister...ha!). As a bonus, BBBS hosts many events and receives tickets for many events around town so you can usually do things for free.

Anyways, as you can probably guess, Big Brothers Big Sisters is having a hard time finding Bigs (that's actually what they're called), especially Big Brothers. I actually had to wait several months to be matched up with Cassie, but don't let that discourage you, ladies. So, if you have a few extra hours per month or are looking for the perfect volunteer opportunity, here it is. Call your local Big Brothers Big Sisters and apply to be a Big. They would love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment