Friday, September 18, 2009

Show Us Your Life-Dinner Recipes

I made Mexican Chicken Meatballs for dinner a few nights ago and did not plan on blogging about it so I apologize for the lack of photos. I wasn't sure how well it would go over at my house, but this recipe passed with flying colors. Don and I both loved it! It is technically an appetizer but, served with mexican rice, it can definitely be enough for a meal. We will certainly be having this again soon!

Mexican Chicken Meatballs

1/2 cup egg substitute (or 2 eggs)
1-4 oz. can chopped green chilies
1 cup crushed cornflakes
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 lb. ground chicken
Salsa

In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Serve with salsa.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I like how different these are than the traditional meatball.

    ReplyDelete