Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hoosier Outdoor Experience

On Saturday, Cassie (my Little Sister with Big Brothers Big Sisters, for those of you who missed my previous post) and I spent the day at Fort Harrison State Park at an event the DNR was hosting called Hoosier Outdoor Experience. Of course, Don had to be there working so we decided to give it a try and join him. We ended up staying for 6 hours and having a total blast! There were all sorts of things to do from kayaking, canoeing and horseback riding to archery, fishing and skeet shooting. And we did it all!

Here we are shooting fake fish with a bow...this was a ton of fun, and fairly simple, once you got the hang of it.


Then we moved on to shooting a target.
Next up was fake animals (a beaver for Cass, a ram for me).
I was actually really good at this (little known fact...my grandpa taught me to shoot a bow and arrow when I was little...I think I made him proud!). See the ram in front of me? He was dead (after I consistently hit him in the kill zone a half dozen times). See the guy to my right? He was impressed (not to brag or anything...he actually told me so). :)
Posing for a pic while waiting to kayak (didn't get any pictures of that...Don had to take off with the camera).
Canoeing with my hubby down Fall Creek (this was the next day...we didn't leave Cassie behind).
The view ahead of us while canoeing.
Overall, we had a ton of fun doing things that, at first, seemed a bit outside my element (but I loved, nonetheless)!

No comments:

Post a Comment