Monday, September 7, 2009

Landscaping Extravaganza Day 3

I know, you thought there was an end to our landscaping craze, but oh no, we've just begun. Scroll down to see installments 1 and 2. As you saw in my previous posts, our house had become a jungle of weeds. Well, after an entire weekend of pulling those weeds and digging out the ugliness that was our landscaping, we have moved on to bigger, better and funner things. So, Don and I packed ourselves into the truck and returned home (3 times) with more trees and plants than we knew what to do with.

Here's a glimpse at the truck after one of our trips to the nursery...



Here's a view of the front of the house after we planted some azaleas and hydrangeas...


You might have noticed the beautiful tree at the corner of the house. It's my new cherry tree...


Here's a view of the side of the house. If you remember correctly, this is the side that previously looked like it belonged somewhere in a jungle. The weeds were much taller than me and far more out of control! After planting a few azaleas and grasses, it looks MUCH better!

This shrub is at the other corner of the house, on the garage side. It's the only plant we bought for which I have forgotten the name. I wish my camera did it the justice it deserves. It has beautiful red and green leaves...perfect for fall!


We started tackling the backyard, but we were driven away by a mass of hornets that have nested in the ground where we are trying to plant. Maybe another day...

I'll post more pics once we finish the backyard and put in the 165 brick edgers we picked up at Menard's. Do you have any idea what 165 twelve and a half pound bricks do to a Ford Explorer? Let's just say we were ridin' low!

No comments:

Post a Comment