Sunday, January 10, 2010

Georgia Trip Part IV-Final Installment

Well, I'm finally to the final installment of our Georgia trip. On our final day there, Penny offered to watch all 4 kids so Amy, Brett, Don and I could drive to Savannah for the day. I was so excited to go to Paula Deen's restaurant and check out the town. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate (Georgia was experiencing record lows the week we visited-not bad for us midwesterners, but frigid for the California clan), and we decided it was going to be too much driving for Don and me (we were leaving early the next morning to make the 11 hour trip home). So, instead, we all ended up going to downtown Augusta. We ate at a lovely little restaurant, The Boll Weevil Cafe. The food was delicious!




Afterwards, we walked around the Riverwalk for about 10 minutes before deciding we were too cold. Here's a cool fountain we came across...



The view down the main street of downtown Augusta...



We did a little more shopping then headed back to the house to relieve Penny of her babysitting duties. That night we just hung around the house, playing Wii.

My sister and me...


Finley and Nini...


Later in the evening, Dad, Don and me went out for a drink while everyone else stayed at home playing Left, Right, Center...


The next morning we got up early and on the road. I didn't get pictures, but we stopped at the best breakfast joint in Atlanta, The Silver Skillet which was featured on Guy Fieri's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives." I wanted to take our waitress home with me, she was so nice and southern. We also stopped at one of our favorite restaurants in Louisville, Lynn's Paradise Cafe. This restaurant was featured on "Throwdown with Bobby Flay." Since my dad and Penny used to live in Louisville, we have gone there several times. It is the most eclectic place you have ever seen, and the food is out of this world delicious.
That just about wraps up our Georgia trip. Now back to reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment