Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Georgia Trip Part I

I have so many pictures and things to blog about from our recent trip to Georgia that I decided to break it into several separate posts so as not to overwhelm you all with tons of pictures. So here goes...

On the (very) long drive to Augusta, we made a few stops for food. Don and I like to stop at local restaurants (vs. chains), particularly ones that have been featured on the Food Network. So, our first stop was at Neely's Barbeque in Nashville, Tennessee. This restaurant was featured on Bobby and Jamie Deen's show and later, the Neely's were given their own show on the FN, "Down Home with the Neely's." The pulled pork, ribs, coleslaw and mac 'n cheese were all very good, and the service was excellent!
Our next stop was at the Marietta Diner in Marietta, Georgia. My brother and sister-in-law have been here and raved about it. It was featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" with Guy Fieri. The menu was HUGE, the food was excellent (and too much!) and the piece of cake we got to go was divine (and GIGANTIC)...we ate on it the rest of our vacation!
We got to Augusta late on New Year's Eve, watched the ball drop, drank champagne and climbed into bed. The next morning we got up and Santa had swung back by! Here's Brock (my youngest brother) opening his present...
And Noah (my next youngest brother) doing the same...
Later that morning, we went for a walk around the neighborhood...well, some of us walked while some of us rode in the golf cart! We walked quite a ways so Don drove the little guys in the golf cart...here he is with Brock and Aidan (our nephew).
That evening, Amy (my sister) and I made a special dinner of chicken parmesan and salad. It was tons of fun to be in the kitchen with her. After dinner, we all sat down and played Farkle...it was a very L O N G game but lots of fun! Going clockwise around the table there is Brock, my dad, me, Don, my brother-in-law Brett, Amy and Noah.
That was it for the first two days of our vacation...more to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment