Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Get Your Rear in Gear

A couple of weeks ago, I tackled my very first 5K run...the Get Your Rear in Gear Indy. It was the first time this race has come to Indianapolis (it originated in the Twin Cities), but I hope it's not the last. You see, this 5K run benefits colon cancer awareness and research. This is a cause that became very close to my heart a few months ago.

Several of my best buddies ran the race with me. Here are Don and I before the race started...



My girls...MaryBeth, Jessica, me and Elizabeth. I can't thank them enough for doing this with me. It meant so much to me!


Here's our whole crew after we finished...MaryBeth, Jessica, Don, me, Elizabeth and Abel.

And the reason we did it...


It was a lot of fun getting my rear in gear with this group...we already have our next 5K planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment