Saturday, July 3, 2010

Flowers, Flowers Everywhere!

During the last week of school, my partner teacher, Jessica, and I took all our 3rd graders on a walking field trip to nearby Garfield Park. We toured the Conservatory and Sunken Gardens, had a picnic and played on the playground. It was the perfect way to round out our school year.

I had never been to the Conservatory before, but I am a sucker for flowers, plants and nature of all kinds so I was very excited! I couldn't believe all the different things they had there and admission was only $1!

Below are several pictures I took of various flowers and plants we saw. They even had gorgeous ponds with lily pads and koi fish, Meyer lemon trees, and chocolate and coffee trees. Everything was so beautiful!

















































No comments:

Post a Comment