Friday, July 10, 2009

Cedar Point trip

Well, we just returned from Cedar Point this evening. We had a terrific time! We spent a day at Soak City waterpark, a couple of days at the amusement park and an afternoon at the beach/pool. It was fantastic! Here are a bunch of pictures from our trip...

We're just arriving...




We spent an afternoon laying out at the beach on Lake Erie...a water snake was absolutely terrorizing people that day. It kept swimming right along the shore. All the moms were freaking out and all the little boys were trying to catch it...it was highly entertaining!

Here are a couple of dorks...


We rode the Sky Ride so we could get some pictures. Here are a few of Lake Erie and the entire amusement park.



We ate dinner one night at Famous Dave's in the marina. We watched a guy parallel park his yacht-and I do mean yacht- right in front of the restaurant better than I can parallel park my car. I give him a lot of credit. During a family vacation a few years ago to Lake of the Ozarks, I tried unsuccessfully to park a jet ski on several occasions...it wasn't pretty. I'm sure my sister remembers having to climb over me to get to the front so she could park it. :)


Here we are on our last evening in the park.


My favorite ride in the park...Top Thrill Dragster. You go 120 mph up over 400 feet in the air and come straight back down...all in 37 seconds. It is awesome! We rode this 3 times. The last time was at night, and while we were standing in line, they had to shut it down. There were people stuck in all the cars. No idea why it was shut down, but a lot of people got out of line after that announcement! Not us, though...of course, we stayed in line. They got it going again, and we rode it. Still not sure what was wrong with it, but we survived! I know, stupid, right? That's how much I love this ride.


Coming home sucks! :(


Until we saw this guy! Of course, this picture was taken approximately 2 minutes after we picked him up from daycare so you can imagine he didn't care too much about our homecoming. The only thing on his mind...sleep! Mine too!


No comments:

Post a Comment