Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Quick & Delicious Dinner

Well, tomorrow it's back to work I go so I haven't felt like doing anything today except sit around and read. Thus, I decided to make a quick, simple and really delicious dinner! The menu for tonight includes: Upside Down Pizza Bake and Chocolate Chip Pie...mmm!

The pizza bake is super simple and involves only a few ingredients. Here they are:


First, you put 1 cup of spaghetti sauce in an 8" square baking dish. Then, top it with 1/2 lb. sliced sweet sausage links (brown them first), 1/2 cup each of mushrooms and green peppers (sliced) and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.


Next, mix 1 cup Bisquick, an egg and 1/2 cup of milk together and pour on top. Last, top with another 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.



Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes and voila! Delicious!

As for dessert, I have to admit, I actually made this pie on Friday for a BBQ with friends and was asked for the recipe. I decided to put it on my blog for everyone to enjoy. Here's what you need:

2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, melted then cooled to room temperature
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts (sometimes I use 'em, sometimes I don't)
pie crust

Here's what you do:

Beat the eggs until foamy then add the flour, sugar and brown sugar; blend. Blend in melted butter and stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.

Here's what it looks like (sort of...the picture came out very fuzzy for some reason)...



Delicious! Hope you have a chance to enjoy this quick and easy dinner! Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment