Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Visit from an Old Friend

Today, Hoosier and I got an unexpected but very welcomed visit from our old neighbor and friend, Anne, and her beautiful dog, Bentley. Bentley and Hoosier have been best buds since they were itty-bitty puppies, kind of like brothers (except for the occasional kiss and ok, hump, they send each other's way!). B and H used to play together every night on the tennis courts when we lived in the apartment. It was kind of ridiculous; Anne, Don and me walking our dogs down for a playdate at 9 or 10 at night, often in below freezing temps and inches of snow and ice.
Fortunately, it tired out our dogs and gave us a chance to decompress at the end of the day.

As soon as I heard they were stopping by, I told Hoosier, who immediately stood at the gate and waited for Bentley. Anyone who thinks dogs don't understand what people say to them, I beg to differ. Anyways, they immediately picked up right where they left off. It was nice for Hoosier to get some exercise that didn't involve me getting exercise :), as well as catch up with Anne. Here are a few pics of the puppies having a blast...



"Hey dude...give it back...it's MINE! By the way, when did you get so much bigger than me?"



"OK, seriously...you're at my house...give me my toy back."





"Just try to come and get it, H!"



It was a blast watching the dogs run around and play like they used to. In addition, it has been almost 3 hours since they left and Hoosier is still sleeping...aahhh...the joys of a tired puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment