Sunday, August 2, 2009

Best. Meal. Ever.

OK, so we began playing "Biggest Loser" at work last week hence I am trying to cook very healthy meals at home (does this cancel out exercise??). Well, I came across this recipe for Turkey Meatballs and thought I'd give it a try. I do tend to replace ground beef with ground turkey any chance I get, and I don't often make meatballs so I thought it would be a nice change. Wow! Best. Meal. Ever. Don and I absolutely loved them so I thought I would share them with all of you. Here is the recipe (and sorry I don't have pics...I didn't plan on blogging about this!)...

Ingredients:
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
9 ounces uncooked spaghetti

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, nutmeg, allspice and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 24 meatballs. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8 minutes. Turn; broil 3-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Transfer meatballs to a Dutch oven; add spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Serve with meatballs and sauce.

This recipe serves 6 and each serving (4 meatballs with sauce and spaghetti) has only 9 g of fat and 405 calories. Serve with a good garlic bread or vegetable and voila! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment