Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Love Food

That's right. I do. Probably a little too much. Hence the Biggest Loser challenge going on at my school. No, I'm not winning (not even close)...imagine that! Anyway, tomorrow is a professional development day at my school and these days usually consist of meetings and food. We like to do potlucks, and last year, we started doing food challenges. We would choose an ingredient that had to be in the dish we brought, pay to eat and vote on our favorite. Then, at the end of the day, a winner was announced and that person got to keep all the cash. Well, this time around, we decided to do a 100 calorie challenge. The dish we bring must be 100 calories or less per serving. So, I googled "100 calorie recipes" and found one that I thought sounded good. Well, I just finished making it and let's just say I've probably consumed about 700 calories in the past 10 minutes. It is delicious! It is a caramel apple salad (this can be a side dish or dessert). It is super easy, quick and wonderful.

Here is the recipe:

Combine 1 box sugar free instant butterscotch pudding mix and 14 oz. pineapple tidbits in juice. Mix well; add 8 diced apples (4 Granny Smith, 4 Fuji...or whatever you have on hand) and combine. Fold in 8 oz. fat free Cool Whip; chill.

1 serving (which I think is approximately 1 cup) has 90 calories and 0.4 g of fat.

Here is the finished product (and yes, the spoon sitting next to the bowl was my accomplice).


Hope you enjoy this as much as I did, and I hope it wins me my first food challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment